Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Avoid eukhost like the plague!!!


View Newest Posts

  1. #1
    RevaxMedia is offline Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default Avoid eukhost like the plague!!!

    do you call that good customer service? closing the chat becuase you cant help?

    EUKHOST IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!

    Abraham S: 213.229.125.5 or 213.175.204.54

    Abraham S: can you please check the website uploaded at

    Abraham S: 213.175.204.54/~revaxmea

    Abraham S: You can also check :-

    Abraham S: /forums/f13/rubbish-customer-service-14900/

    Abraham S: As You are not elaborate issue and I am also not aware of your issue.

    Shane: I have tried to view that IP and it links to a default webpage? the tempuary url is working however If i link my A records to 213.175.204.54 then i will just get a default web page?

    Abraham S: I am try to help you with my best.

    Shane: The issue is not primarily with you however it was the bad advice i was given in previous chats hence it is not working

    Shane: If I had the previous chats I would of uploaded them instead

    Chat InformationChat session has been terminated by the site operator.

    You are not currently in a chat session.

  2. #2
    RevaxMedia is offline Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I have just rang EUKHost and they told me to start a live chat - WOW

  3. #3
    D@@in@ is offline Employee
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Hello Shane,

    It seems you have just changed the "A" record for your domain "revaxmedia.com" to our servers. Please note as the temporary url is working fine, it suggests that the account from our servers is working correctly.
    When you change the A record for the domain it requires atleast 3-4 hrs for the "A" record to get propagated completely. The website is currently working correctly from our end when we browsed the website using your domain "revaxmedia.com" . I have uploaded couple of screenshots for your website which can be checked using below urls :

    http://revaxmedia.com/Screenshot.jpg
    http://revaxmedia.com/screenshot-2.jpg


    Or

    http://213.175.204.54/~revaxmed/Screenshot.jpg
    http://213.175.204.54/~revaxmed/screenshot-2.jpg


    I will request you to wait for the propagation to complete and then check your website. Till that time you can check the website using temporary url.

  4. #4
    eUKhost.com's Avatar
    eUKhost.com is offline Chief Marketing Officer
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,148

    Default

    Hi Shane,

    you have ordered a shared hosting package and your website is hosted on a shared server. You can check your website using a temporary URL which we send in the welcome email, but you cannot use the shared IP to access your website, as many other websites are hosted with the same shared IP address.

    it hardly takes 1 - 2 hours these days for DNS to propagate, so Abraham could see your website working from our server, but you were not able to see that, as your computer/network had a cache of your website, which was coming from the old servers.

    Abraham was finding it difficult to understand your problem and you got frustrated due to that.

    I would suggest you to check your website from Megaproxy® - Secure, fast, anonymous web proxy from next time onwards, if such thing happens. You can also visit webtools.eukhost.com to check your A records status and DNS updates.

    I hope you are able to view your website from our servers now, if not then please reboot your computer and check.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

  5. #5
    RevaxMedia is offline Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eUKhost.com View Post
    Hi Shane,

    you have ordered a shared hosting package and your website is hosted on a shared server. You can check your website using a temporary URL which we send in the welcome email, but you cannot use the shared IP to access your website, as many other websites are hosted with the same shared IP address.
    Funny that, if you read the chatlogs that was the advice given to me from one of your representatives. My domain name was displaying a website about autism which is certainly not my website I belive I was very, very clear about my issue that the website being displayed was not mine which was confirmed by your representative I said:

    When you open .revaxmedia.com do you see?
    Representative: autism diary website
    I said: That's not my website

  6. #6
    RevaxMedia is offline Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eUKhost.com View Post
    Abraham was finding it difficult to understand your problem and you got frustrated due to that.
    and that is good customer service is it? closing the chat hoping I would go away? Please also point out where I was getting frustrated at?

  7. #7
    eUKhost.com's Avatar
    eUKhost.com is offline Chief Marketing Officer
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevaxMedia View Post
    and that is good customer service is it? closing the chat hoping I would go away? Please also point out where I was getting frustrated at?
    Hi Shane,

    He didn't terminate your chat session. We had a internal network conflict within the office which terminated your chat session. We've asked Liveperson to resolve this problem, as it gives a message to the customers that the operator has terminated the chat, which creates wrong impression about our service.

    I apologise for the inconvenience you had due to Abraham, he could have done much better, but he failed to understand what you were trying to say. I have asked his Manager to get him trained once again with the new batch of trainees starting from next month.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

  8. #8
    SpaceAcademy is offline Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I have to agree with the poster above. The online support for windows servers is absolutely abysmal.

    It consists solely of

    "It looks fine to me"

    followed by

    "We are aware of your problem"

    followed by

    "I cannot give any information about your site. I suggest you try it again later"

    If your systems are shot to pieces it is of the utmost importance that you have good frontline support.

    EUKHost's windows servers are shot to bits, and the support levels are unacceptable/non-existent.

  9. #9
    ytfcbadger is offline Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Got to agree with the poor level of support in certain instances. We're currently in a situation where our site has been down for five hours (and still down) after being down late last night as well. This is to add to periods during October, January, April and June where we had multi-day outages. We have lost so many days and suffered so much aggravation in the failure to keep our server up and running.

    Yesterday was apparently a pre-planned outage. There was nothing posted to the EukHosting Status page even though they knew about it, so no information for us to track.

    Then today, it purely says at 9:44am that the server is "rebooting". Clearly five hours later (and rising) we are talking about something that is far more serious than a server reboot.

    Spoke to Support. They can't offer me any info on what's gone wrong. They can't tell me when the site is coming up - not even a rough projection. This means that I can not organise my day. I cannot give our users, who I keep on having to issue embarrassing apologies to about the poor performance of EukHost, any information as to why the site is inaccessible, or why we are continuing to persevere with an ISP that has such a poor level of up-time and is able to offer so little information to their customers.

  10. #10
    eUK-Ray's Avatar
    eUK-Ray is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The KOP END
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAcademy View Post
    I have to agree with the poster above. The online support for windows servers is absolutely abysmal.

    It consists solely of

    "It looks fine to me"

    followed by

    "We are aware of your problem"

    followed by

    "I cannot give any information about your site. I suggest you try it again later"

    If your systems are shot to pieces it is of the utmost importance that you have good frontline support.

    EUKHost's windows servers are shot to bits, and the support levels are unacceptable/non-existent.
    Hello

    Can you kindly PM me your registered email address the representative name and the time you initiated the chats. I will review your account and the representatives who have dealt with you over live chat.

    Thanks,
    Ray

  11. #11
    eUK-Ray's Avatar
    eUK-Ray is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The KOP END
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ytfcbadger View Post
    Got to agree with the poor level of support in certain instances. We're currently in a situation where our site has been down for five hours (and still down) after being down late last night as well. This is to add to periods during October, January, April and June where we had multi-day outages. We have lost so many days and suffered so much aggravation in the failure to keep our server up and running.

    Yesterday was apparently a pre-planned outage. There was nothing posted to the EukHosting Status page even though they knew about it, so no information for us to track.

    Then today, it purely says at 9:44am that the server is "rebooting". Clearly five hours later (and rising) we are talking about something that is far more serious than a server reboot.

    Spoke to Support. They can't offer me any info on what's gone wrong. They can't tell me when the site is coming up - not even a rough projection. This means that I can not organise my day. I cannot give our users, who I keep on having to issue embarrassing apologies to about the poor performance of EukHost, any information as to why the site is inaccessible, or why we are continuing to persevere with an ISP that has such a poor level of up-time and is able to offer so little information to their customers.
    Hello Martin,

    I apologies for the inconvenience caused. The server your account was hosted on had actually a corrupt registry which caused failure. This was due to an AV upgrade and patch installation to safe guard your data from the recent outburst of spam and hack attacks on the server and injection of malware to send out spam.

    We installed the updated malware protection suite on all our shared windows servers over the week. We did not see any issues with any of our other servers.

    The server your site is hosted on is schedule to have a hardware upgrade and change over the week.

    You can refer to the status page or open a support ticket and give me the ticket number and I will flag it to myself and respond to you with updates as and when available.

    With regards to the existing server it has been rescued from both the corrupt registry and the RAID issue noticed and updated on euk-status. Your server is up and running without issues since the rescue and the manual update of the patch. I have tested your primary domain it is up and running without delays or issues.

    Thanks,
    Ray

  12. #12
    SpaceAcademy is offline Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I think our sites must be on the same box, do you have yours on London?

    I can't see an email address/PM button for you on the thread Ray, can you give me your contact details and I'll drop you a line.

  13. #13
    Ben Stones's Avatar
    Ben Stones is offline Web Developer
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAcademy View Post
    I think our sites must be on the same box, do you have yours on London?

    I can't see an email address/PM button for you on the thread Ray, can you give me your contact details and I'll drop you a line.
    Click on eUKRay's username above the post and then click the 'Private message' option .
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

    How do I contact eUKhost?
    Customer Support: Client Area - 0808 262 0455
    Customer Relations: feedback[@]eukhost.com
    Sales: sales[@]eukhost.com - 0800 862 0380

    Contact:
    Email: ben@eukhost.com
    Skype: euk_ben

    Twitter - LinkedIn - Identi.ca

    The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.


  14. #14
    ytfcbadger is offline Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eUK-Ray View Post
    With regards to the existing server it has been rescued from both the corrupt registry and the RAID issue noticed and updated on euk-status. Your server is up and running without issues since the rescue and the manual update of the patch. I have tested your primary domain it is up and running without delays or issues.
    A week further on, and that claim really does look utterly comical. Over the past 8/9 days I suspect I've put in something in the region of a dozen support requests, all along roughly a recurring theme - that the site is so slow, the server times out on requests, or that it becomes completely non-operational. With the exception of yesterday, I am pretty certain I've had to put in support requests every day, with many of them multi-hour outages.

    This morning, the site is running slow/non-responsive/timing out once again on all ASP pages. HTML pages are fine. I've tried reporting it to your support, but it's clear they don't want to investigate it. I'm told you're running a server back-up in preparation for a hardware change and this is why the ASP pages are running slowly. As I said to the support person, I find it hard to believe that a site back-up can selectively affect ASP pages over HTML pages, and find it even harder given that the ongoing problems we've had with the ASP server have been happening on many days that you haven't been running back-ups. About halfway through the conversation, the support person tried to suggest that the ASP pages were working fine - I know from using different ISPs and receiving feedback from our users that this is definitely not the case. It seems pretty clear that Support are not going to investigate this problem for us against the existing server, and so we're stuck with yet more downtime.

    Onto the subject of the server back-up, once again there's nothing on the EukHost Status page telling us this would be performance affecting, even though it is clearly pre-planned maintenance. There is no point in holding such a page if it consistently fails to give an up to date status of what's going on. A number of the other outages we experienced in the last week or so were not reflected on those pages even though they were multi-hour outages. There's also the frustrating that your support staff seem completely unwilling to give out any projections of how long a problem is likely to take to deal with. OK, I work in IT and so I know some problems are of an indeterminate length. But I'm surprised that not even an estimate of how long a server back-up is going to take can be provided. I was also surprised that there would be zero downtime as I would have thought this would have been necessary to freeze the back-up data and perform the switch of hardware.

    Our user base are telling us in masses that we should be switching ISPs, given the mammoth number of outages we've experienced at EukHost since we signed up. Certainly the current situation can not continue, as it's hugely frustrating for ourselves, and embarrassing that we keep on having to explain another outage to our user base.

  15. #15
    eUK - Chris's Avatar
    eUK - Chris is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    OMG!! I am LOST..
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Hi Martin,

    We do understand your frustration and sincerely apologies for inconvenience.

    The server is facing disk (RAID) issues due to which the websites and control panel are running slow, on top of that backup of contents were being taken.
    This is the reason the websites took time to load.
    We tried recovering disk issues, but with no luck, Hence we are migrating this server on new High Performance Hardware on Top Priority.

    This being a shared server, there was huge amount of data that we had to backup. The RAID issue slowed down the Read/Write speed of disk, due to which backup took some time. This is the reason we were unable to provide you with the eta for completion of backup task.

    However, Backup task has been completed, and we are migrating the contents onto the new server. We will try our level best to complete the migration by the end of this week. Once done we would switch IP's to new server.
    You wont face any performance issues then.
    Chris White
    (Former eUK Employee)

    eUKHost
    UK's premier web hosting company.

  16. #16
    ytfcbadger is offline Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eUK - Chris View Post
    This being a shared server, there was huge amount of data that we had to backup. The RAID issue slowed down the Read/Write speed of disk, due to which backup took some time. This is the reason we were unable to provide you with the eta for completion of backup task.

    However, Backup task has been completed, and we are migrating the contents onto the new server.
    So if the back-up task has been completed, then server speeds should be back to relatively normalish speeds? This morning I am still seeing a huge variation between the speed of loading ASP pages on our site, compared to that of HTML pages, which comes as no great surprise as I couldn't see how disk back-ups could selectively affect a particular type of web page. In addition we've been experiencing this problem on and off before you commenced the back-up, and we are still experiencing it now. Our users are continuing to complain about the site speed this morning, so I know it's not just myself - we're not just talking an extra second or two - we're talking sometimes over a minute to load a simple ASP page, where before it used to take a second. So the problem I raised to your support people yesterday still stands.

    Secondly, a question about the site back-up. If you took the back-up yesterday, but only intend to deploy the new server late this week, does that mean that any work we do this week on our server, or any files written to the server will not appear on the new hardware server (because the server contents were effectively frozen on Sunday)? If so then I think your customers need to be notified of this, as otherwise you're going to get some pissed off people when you launch the new server because X days worth of data will be lost, because it will be left behind on the old server. I can handle that easily enough, as I can take my own private incremental back-up of changes this week, but I'm only doing that because I'm paranoid about the stability of the server at present - I'll lay bets that not everyone on that server will be doing it, if you haven't prewarned them to do so. Please let me know if I've misunderstood, and that this week's data will be preserved?

  17. #17
    eUK-Ray's Avatar
    eUK-Ray is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The KOP END
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ytfcbadger View Post
    So if the back-up task has been completed, then server speeds should be back to relatively normalish speeds? This morning I am still seeing a huge variation between the speed of loading ASP pages on our site, compared to that of HTML pages, which comes as no great surprise as I couldn't see how disk back-ups could selectively affect a particular type of web page. In addition we've been experiencing this problem on and off before you commenced the back-up, and we are still experiencing it now. Our users are continuing to complain about the site speed this morning, so I know it's not just myself - we're not just talking an extra second or two - we're talking sometimes over a minute to load a simple ASP page, where before it used to take a second. So the problem I raised to your support people yesterday still stands.

    Secondly, a question about the site back-up. If you took the back-up yesterday, but only intend to deploy the new server late this week, does that mean that any work we do this week on our server, or any files written to the server will not appear on the new hardware server (because the server contents were effectively frozen on Sunday)? If so then I think your customers need to be notified of this, as otherwise you're going to get some pissed off people when you launch the new server because X days worth of data will be lost, because it will be left behind on the old server. I can handle that easily enough, as I can take my own private incremental back-up of changes this week, but I'm only doing that because I'm paranoid about the stability of the server at present - I'll lay bets that not everyone on that server will be doing it, if you haven't prewarned them to do so. Please let me know if I've misunderstood, and that this week's data will be preserved?
    Hello Martin,

    I can explain this better on live chat. Please come on live chat and you will have an up to date report on the migration and its status. The reason for the delay is the constant sync of data to ensure the data is most up to date so that there is not even a single hour of data loss. We therefore need to sync the data then re-route the IPS to the new hardware and then keep the old server running for a few days in case customers require any data from the previous server. The best time to do is after business hours so that there is next to no data loss.

    Thanks,
    Ray

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Disclaimer of Liability

The opinions or views posted on our forum by users do not necessarily represent the opinions or views of eUKhost Limited.

Our forum may contain hyperlinks to external websites not under our control and ownership. We do not endorse the content found on any external websites and we cannot guarantee the accuracy, reliability, availability and suitability of such websites and the content of those websites. Your access and use of any external websites is at your sole risk and responsibility. Please also be aware external websites will have differing terms and conditions, privacy and cookie usage policies to our website.