Thread: Worst Hosting and Support Ever

View Newest Posts

Jamie N is offline Forum Member

Default Worst Hosting and Support Ever

I have hosting with UK Host and I run two wordpress blogs on my hosting VPS. My site doesn't get a ton of traffic everyday maybe about 1400 hits a day. Like every few days the site goes down with a reset error or goes a crawl to load. I have ask there support many times what the issue that would cause the server to do this. There is never any spike in traffic when it happens. I have super cache enabled on the site, optimized the database and repaired, added file compression etc. (Like there support said) Every time I talk to there support they have a difference excuse why it is so slow. Basically they have a different reason everytime it happens. From leechprotect is causing it to the server is being ddos attacked. At this point it is hard to believe anything they tell me. So finally Ken tells me i need more resources because the load is too high and i need to go to a semi dedicated server for the site to work right. So i say ok lets do it i need my site to work better. So this was just painful. First I ask them to put in a ticket for me. They tell me to order which I do. They say they will put in the ticket. NO ticket was put in 8 hours later. So again I ask and they put in the ticket and tell me it will be 6 hours for the upgrade. I wait 6 hours check my email and it has not been done because I didn't pay the 167 dollars upgrade. (I wanted to wait to get upgrade to see how it went before paying) So they put it in for me after I tell them that, next I wait another 6 hours. After sitting on the computer for 4 hours with there support trying to get them to get the 2 website working right again the site are not working any better on the new server then the old server for three times as much. All this just makes me think they just want more money. Andre tells me that the mysql server is crashing after the upgrade. Well what was the point of paying all this money for any upgrade for the same set up problems. I can't understand why a VPS with only 2 wordpress blogs (there are a couple of small site that get a few hits a day) can't be supported by there VPS system. Can anyone recommend a good host that can support 2 wordpress blogs without any excuses?

eUK-Alan is offline Moderator

Hello Jamie

Your vps was constantly having high load and that caused your vps become to unresponsive to services.
    Any virtual server with just 512 MB RAM can not handle high load average and high cpu consumption.
    Because of that httpd, named services goes down and site thus become inaccessible.

For more stability and smooth service we recommended you for the upgrade on semi dedicated server as it has more resources than normal vps.

Unfortunately the problem didn't solve by switching to semi dedicated server. Load average was continuously hitting to it's peak value.

Finally we found one of wordpress plugin tweet-blender and wordpress database cannabis_wordpress that was causing high load on your server.
    Please check following logs

PID USER Page Ranking NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
    13361 nobody 25 0 66520 44m 14m R 11.0 2.2 0:31.36 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -k start -DSSL
    20325 nobody 25 0 65640 35m 6956 R 11.0 1.7 0:07.28 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -k start -DSSL
    15375 nobody 25 0 67224 36m 7036 R 10.4 1.8 0:31.16 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -k start -DSSL
    19879 nobody 25 0 65128 34m 7036 R 10.4 1.7 0:11.40 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -k start -DSSL
    20310 nobody 25 0 65900 35m 6956 R 10.4 1.7 0:10.13 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -k start -DSSL
    11719 nobody 16 0 64080 33m 7176 R 9.8 1.7 0:30.13 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -k start -DSSL
    20324 nobody 25 0 65900 35m 6956 R 9.2 1.7 0:09.72 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -k start -DSSL
    19976 nobody 25 0 66160 35m 6956 R 8.5 1.7 0:11.83 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -k start -DSSL

[root@vps ~]# ls -l /proc/13361
    total 0
    -r-------- 1 root root 0 Jul 1 15:02 auxv
    -r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jul 1 14:57 cmdline
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jul 1 15:02 coredump_filter
    -r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jul 1 15:02 cpuset
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Jul 1 15:02 cwd -> /home/cannabis/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tweet-blender

[root@vps ~]# ls -l /proc/20325
    total 0
    -r-------- 1 root root 0 Jul 1 15:03 auxv
    -r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jul 1 15:00 cmdline
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jul 1 15:03 coredump_filter
    -r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jul 1 15:03 cpuset
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Jul 1 15:03 cwd -> /home/cannabis/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tweet-blender

[root@vps ~]# ls -l /proc/15375
    total 0
    -r-------- 1 root root 0 Jul 1 15:04 auxv
    -r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jul 1 14:57 cmdline
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jul 1 15:04 coredump_filter
    -r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jul 1 15:04 cpuset
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Jul 1 15:04 cwd -> /home/cannabis/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tweet-blender
    MySQL database processes

| Id | User | Host | db | Command | Time | State | Info |
    +------+------------------+-----------+--------------------+---------+------+----------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | 4899 | cannabis_cannabi | localhost | cannabis_wordpress | Sleep | 210 | | |
    | 5110 | cannabis_cannabi | localhost | cannabis_wordpress | Query | 1 | closing tables | SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy
    AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNE |
    | 5136 | cannabis_cannabi | localhost | cannabis_wordpress | Query | 1 | closing tables | SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy
    | 5142 | cannabis_cannabi | localhost | cannabis_wordpress | Query | 1 | closing tables | SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy
    | 5144 | cannabis_cannabi | localhost | cannabis_wordpress | Query | 1 | Opening tables | SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy
    | 5148 | cannabis_cannabi | localhost | cannabis_wordpress | Query | 1 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy
    | 5149 | cannabis_cannabi | localhost | cannabis_wordpress | Query | 1 | Opening tables | SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy
    | 5152 | cannabis_cannabi | localhost | cannabis_wordpress | Query | 1 | closing tables | SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy
    We have now disabled wordpress plugin tweet-blender to reduce load average.
    The load average on your semi dedicated server is still high (While we write) as same database still overloading your semi dedicated server.
    Please check sql queries with database expert and optimize database so that it should not use high cpu resources.
    Alan V
    VPS Support Team
    http://www.eukhost.com

That's great news 12 hours and one upgrade later and no hair left on my head. Maybe you should instruct your staff to offer the 40 some odd dollar a month upgrade as a last resort. Instead of wasting my time and yours.

Thumbs down

Please check sql queries with database expert and optimize database so that it should not use high cpu resources.

By the way Wordpress is used my millions of people you don't think some database experts are looking at it? Also I optimize it once a month as recommended. If you VPS service can't handle 2 Wordpress databases with about 13 plugins I will find hosting that does. I recommend others do as well.

Welshy is offline Forum Member

1.4k hits a day on a shared resource is alot..... you have to remember though that wordpress recently has had alot of attacks on it, alot of forums are reporting problems with blogs being hacked.....

one thing thoough with EUk is, you will get a genuine answer... images of load have been provided..... people with their own dedi`s will make sense of them.... alot of other hosts would simply suspend you and tell you to sod off without allowing data to be retrieved....

humbs up I say for them pointing out where the problem area is.....

Thumbs down

There not saying it is the traffic. I get a different answer every time I ask what the issue is. If the site is being attacked lock the attacking IP address. Did you see my post it said that Semi was NOT working any better then the shared hosting. I understand your a senior member here so your going to kiss there behinds I have been hosting here for 3 years. The VPS gets worse every month that goes by. Not to mention 1400 is max, most days it's around 700 or 800 for 24 hours.

And the more I point out how bad the service gets the slower the site gets. It is still on the Semi Dedicated server and has only about 10 hits in the last two hours.

Welshy is offline Forum Member

having a posting rank has nothing to do with it.... simply talking from experience (8 or so years), we have approx 12 servers, alot dedicated.... so speaking as an admin of our own servers not as a kiss ass.....

theres a hell of alot worse places than here..... trust me.......

eUK-Alan is offline Moderator

Hi Jamie

I have switched A records of your sites on semi dedicated server and pointed them to old vps's IP address. It will certainly reduce downtime while nameserver propagate.
    Your sites should be resolving from your old vps now.

As discussed earlier I have also disabled wordpress plugin tweet-blender on your old vps and optimized database cannabis_wordpress
    Alan V
    VPS Support Team
    http://www.eukhost.com

cranzi is offline Forum Member

I really love reading stuff like this and I am not trolling but I gotta wonder why when an answer is given, when its not something the client agrees with, but the logs prove otherwise, why its still the hosts fault. Its clearly, not.

sihost is offline Forum Member

1400 a day traffic and you say "they are not blaming the traffic"

What causes the load? The fairies?

Traffic on wordpress = database useage = load.

You could try using wp-super cache to cahe the pages to static pages and reduce database load, if that doesn't work then take a long hard look at why you want to use shared services for sites with that amount of traffic.

Shared hosting is shared cost and shared resources. Most websites are fine and most owners are happy at just a few ££ a month. To keep them happy and for the host to make any money, one person can't be allowed to drain all the hot water.

Think where you can make money out of those 1400 a day and get a dedicated.

basher is offline Forum Member

You should just upgrade, and that should solve your problem. Take a look around, you're about the only one complaining about service. Stop focusing on what they may be doing wrong, and focus on what you may not be doing right.

eUK-Ken is offline Moderator

Hello,

Well it was the resources issue and hence it was suggested to upgrade the hosting plan. And it is advantageous also to upgrade to the higher plan so that in future resource shall not be the problem for the website to be down.

We have tested by increasing the resources temporarily and that has fixed the issue for your server and that is the only reason it was suggested to upgrade.

Spending few £'s for the up time of the websites and the better performance is always worth.

Regards,
    Ken.

nextdayprint is offline Forum Member

Full marks to EUKhost for not deleting or burying the negative strings in your testiMOANials section!
    Next day printing from the fastest Hippo in the UK; Order your printing today & receive it tomorrow!

Richyp is offline Forum Member

It's a fact actually that negative posts IF resolved professionaly such as this one are actually an asset. Would seem a little bit suspect if all the posts were good!

Rock is offline Technical Support (eUKhost.com)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nextdayprint View Post
    Full marks to EUKhost for not deleting or burying the negative strings in your testiMOANials section!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richyp View Post
    It's a fact actually that negative posts IF resolved professionaly such as this one are actually an asset. Would seem a little bit suspect if all the posts were good!
    We do not delete any of the posts, posted on our forums. Such negative threads (including this one), are posted by clients, whose hosted services are interrupted due to any reasons which is why they are angry for a certain period of time & are cooled down once they are made to realise the actual fact behind the service hinderance. Being a service provider, no one would like to have the services they offer to be down or causing problems, as it'd definitely go against the reputation of the company & may of cause losses in the long run. Neither we feel happy or contended by keep the services down without any purpose. We always strive to provide the best of our services at all times !

Rock _a.k.a._ Jack
    Windows Hosting || Windows Reseller Hosting
    Cloud Hosting 100% UPTIME! || Powerful Dedicated Servers
    Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

For complaints, grievances or suggestions kindly email our FeedBack Dept.
    Proper action will be taken accordingly & instantaneously!

wingwah is offline Forum Member

It is nice to write a post with calm head because it wont offend other readers especially the admintrator.

manolis is offline Forum Member

Still with 1.400 hits the best is a dedicated with at least 2GB ram

I have build my portal www.istories.gr

sihost is offline Forum Member

Agree.

He can't expect to pull a plough with a cat.

Even if he gives the cat some spinnage and the cat is up and running 100%, it still can't pull the plough.

Invest in a shire horse.

Rock is offline Technical Support (eUKhost.com)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sihost View Post
    Agree.

He can't expect to pull a plough with a cat.

Even if he gives the cat some spinnage and the cat is up and running 100%, it still can't pull the plough.

Invest in a shire horse.
    Well said & thanks for your honest input

Rock _a.k.a._ Jack
    Windows Hosting || Windows Reseller Hosting
    Cloud Hosting 100% UPTIME! || Powerful Dedicated Servers
    Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

For complaints, grievances or suggestions kindly email our FeedBack Dept.
    Proper action will be taken accordingly & instantaneously!

Thread Information